This item is eligible to ship to Canada.
Roberto Rossellini's War Trilogy: The Criterion Collection DVD
SKU ID #324165
- Technical Specs
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 3
- Run Time: 303 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Studio: Criterion Collection
- DVD Release Date: January 26, 2010
- Subtitles: English
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Mono
ITALIAN: Dolby Digital Mono
GERMAN: Dolby Digital Mono
- Color: Black & White
- New, restored high-definition digital transfers
- Video introductions by Roberto Rossellini to all three films, from 1963
- New video interviews with Rossellini scholar Adriano Apra, film critic and Rossellini friend Father Virgilio Fantuzzi, and fi
Rome Open City
This was Roberto Rossellini's revelation, a harrowing drama about the Nazi occupation of Rome and the brave few who struggled against it. Rome Open City is a shockingly authentic experience, conceived and directed amid the ruin of World War II.
Roberto Rossellini's follow-up to his breakout Rome Open City was the ambitious, enormously moving Paisan, which consists of six episodes set during the liberation of Italy at the end of World War II, taking place across the country, from Sicily to the northern Po Valley.
Germany Year Zero
The concluding chapter of Roberto Rossellini's War Trilogy is the most devastating, a portrait of an obliterated Berlin shown through the eyes of a twelve-year-old boy.