- Technical Specs
- Format: DVD
- Rating: PG-13
- Number of Discs: 2
- Run Time: 111 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Language: English
- Studio: Universal Studios
- DVD Release Date: October 7, 2008
- Packaging: Custom Case
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Color: Black & White
- Bringing Evil To Life: Retrospective documentary on the groundbreaking production of Touch of Evil featuring interviews with Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, crew members and film historians.
- Evil Lost And Found: Go behind-the-scenes of the restoration
Experience director Orson Welles' masterpiece Touch of Evil like never before in an all-new 50th Anniversary Edition DVD! Starring Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh and Orson Welles himself, this exceptional film noir portrait of corruption and morally compromised obsessions tells the story of a crooked police chief who frames a Mexican youth as part of an intricate criminal plot.
Now, for the first time ever, see all three versions of the film - the preview version, the theatrical version and the restored version based on Orson Welles' vision. The Touch of Evil 50th Anniversary Edition commemorates a true cinematic achievement and is an essential addition to every movie lover's library!
- Restored Version: Re-edited in 1998, this definitive cut of the film is restored to Orson Welles' vision based on his detailed 58-page memo to the studio.
- Theatrical Version: This original version of the film was seen by U.S. audiences when it was released in theaters in 1958.
- Preview Version: Created prior to the theatrical version, this cut of the film incorporates some of Orson Welles' requests and was discovered by Universal in 1976.