Wise Blood: The Criterion Collection DVD
SKU ID #262541
In this acclaimed adaptation of the first novel by legendary Southern writer Flannery O’Connor, John Huston brings to life a world of vivid, poetic American eccentricity. Brad Dourif, in an impassioned performance, is Hazel Motes, who, fresh out of the army, attempts to open the first Church Without Christ in the small town of Taulkinham. Populated with inspired performances that seem to spring right from O’Connor’s pages, Huston’s Wise Blood is an incisive portrait of spirituality and evangelicalism, as well as a faithful, loving evocation of one writer’s vision.
- Format: DVD
- Rating: PG
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 106 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Studio: Criterion
- DVD Release Date: May 12, 2009
- Subtitles: English
- Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Mono [CC]
- Color: Black & White
- New interviews with actor Brad Douif, writer Benedict Fitzgerald, and writer-producer Michael Fitzgerald.
- Rare archival audio recording of author Flannery O'Connor reading her short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find."
- A 26-minute episode of the